BU Math is an online platform for mathematics assessment and course management.
This system is designed for mathematics, providing delivery of homework, quizzes, tests, practice tests, and diagnostics with rich mathematical content. Students can receive immediate feedback on algorithmically generated questions with numerical or algebraic expression answers.
Links of Interest
BU Math Placement (BUMPT)
The placement test is online and it contains 50 multiple-choice questions. Students will take it in a computer lab during orientation without using a calculator. The purpose of the test is to determine the first course that you can take with the maximum chance of success. The account information and instruction are contained in your orientation package. For more information on the test, please see Frequently asked questions about the BUMPT.
Enrichment Resources for BUMPT & Beyond
The Mathematics Department at Bradley University created the following resources to help students be better prepared for the placement test and for success in college mathematics courses.
- A. Practice Tests for BUMPT. Each test gives you a chance to familiarize with the format and question types of the actual placement test. Practice tests are graded and correct answers are provided, allowing for immediate feedback.
- B. Practice and Review Modules for BUMPT. These are similar to the practice tests but are styled in a more tutorial fashion. Here, complete solutions are provided as examples for similar questions.
- C. Beyond BUMPT: Algebra Practice Problems & Video Lessons. These include diagnostic tests, practice problems and video lessons that will sharpen your algebra skills at different levels and help you succeed in college.
There are two ways to access these resources.
- 1. Log in with your 6-digit BU ID as the Username and the Password. Answers and scores will be saved. If you are prompted to change your password for security reasons, please write down and remember your new password. You will need it for the placement test.
- 2. Log in with the guest account (Username: guest, Password: password). Then click "Enrichment Resources & Beyond", not "Enroll a New Course". Do not change the password for this guest account. Answers and scores will not be saved.
- Help for student with entering answers
- Request for an account (instructors only)
- Instructor Documentation
BU Math is powered by IMathAS © 2006-2013 David Lippman